POCKET WATCH ASSISTANT
DATA PROTECTION, PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICIES
Handling of personal data obtained via our Website, Social Media, Email, Telephone and or any other forms of contact.
Client privacy and trust in us is extremely important to the Pocket Watch Assistant, therefore, we have the responsibility for controlling and processing this information and ensuring it is kept confidential. Therefore, we want you to know how we use your information and why. Please also see our separate Data Processing Agreement.
We promise respectful treatment of the personal information of everyone we have contact with. We want it to be simple and clear.
The rest of this policy explains how we do that – when and why we collect information, how we use it, the situations when other people can see or use it and how we keep it secure.
We don’t sell, rent or trade email lists with anyone else.
// GDPR PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice explains how information about you is collected, used, and disclosed by the Pocket Watch Assistant when you use our website, services, and or communicate via social media, email, telephone, and or any other forms of contact.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Controller – Pocket Watch Assistant is the controller and responsible for your personal data. If you have any questions, please do contact us as below:
Full name of the legal entity – Pocket Watch Assistant
Name and address – Tracey Robinson, 67 Monument Way, Ulverston, Cumbria, LA12 9SY
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, therefore, please contact us in the first instance.
// CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF ANY CHANGES
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current, therefore, please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your working relationship with us.
// THIRD-PARTY LINKS
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
// WHOSE INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
- Prospects – Contacts working at or connected with potential Clients
- Clients – Who have bought goods or services from us and ‘’Client Contacts’’ who are individuals employed by or contracted to Clients
- Suppliers/Associates – Suppliers or potential suppliers of goods or services to us
- Affiliates/Referrers – Who have signed up to our affiliate scheme or who have referred Prospects to us
- Employees – Our employees if we have any. Employees should refer to data privacy information relating to their own data to their contract of employment
// COLLECTION OF DATA ON CONTACT
We are committed to protecting your privacy and honouring your legal rights to control how we use your personal data.
Your data is only collected when we really need too, usually including:
- Direct interactions
- Applying for our services
- Sending us a message via our Contact Us sections either via our Website or Social Media
- Entering a competition, promotion or survey
- Giving us feedback
We may collect, use, process and store different kinds of personal data, which could be as follows:
- Identity – including first name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact – including billing and delivery address, email address, and telephone number.
- Financial – including bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction – including details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us.
- Technical – including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type, and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile – includes username and password, orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage – includes information about how you use our website, products, and services.
- Marketing and Communications – includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Such information is voluntarily sent to the Pocket Watch Assistant by the potential and or Client.
// WHY WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use information about you for various purposes, including:
- Creating contracts for a service we will provide you.
- Responding to your comments, questions, and requests to provide an efficient and fulfilled service and support.
- Send you updates, support, and administrative messages and or Pocket Watch Assistant updates, newsletters and offers.
We may share information about you as follows:
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable negotiation or legal requirement.
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our terms or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of the Pocket Watch Assistant.
- To report abuse or illegal activity.
- Our services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on our services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of the data collection and processing relating to social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
- Any feedback information published to our Social Media Facebook page will only be done so by yourself, of which you automatically approve of it being there for the public to see. As such, this feedback information may automatically be placed onto our Website and other Social Media platforms.
- Any testimonials or reviews sent to Pocket Watch Assistant will be done so by you, of which you agree for this information to be used on our Website and Social Media platforms.
// IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
We may have to terminate our services if you have been unable to provide us with the requested data, we require to fulfil our service.
// RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Data we collect about you via collection at contact or use of personal data. We may disclose your personal data to recipients whom we are in communications with on behalf of your business, such as client contacts and suppliers.
// HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP AND THE DELETION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We will remove your personal data when we no longer need to process them in relation to one or more of the purposes above.
- Generally, we will store your personal for as long as there is still an active working partnership. Otherwise, we will store your personal data for a minimum of 1 week and a maximum period of 5 years following your last enquiry and or termination of works, unless otherwise agreed by yourselves.
- In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data for research purposes only.
- If you subscribe to a newsletter or updates list, you will remain on the list/s you joined until you unsubscribe from that list.
//DOWNLOADS, NEWSLETTERS AND SERVICES
We monitor who opens what in our newsletter lists and pre-set sequences of information we sent you. We do this, so we can see if content is popular and generate more of it, or if it is not read.
There may be sub-routines that trigger if you click on links or articles. These are designed to offer you more information about things you are interested in.
Existing Clients may receive emails about specific offers relating to things you have already purchased. You can unsubscribe from these at any time.
We may use automations (little sequences of emails that start when you ask for something in particular) to send you the information you asked for, to send you products you have bought and to administer services you have subscribed to. A lot of our onboarding for new products is by emails that send you hints and tips and little videos on ‘how to’. You can unsubscribe from these at any time, but they do not go on for that long and you might want to wait for all the information as most people find it useful.
We monitor who reads our mailing and automations, how many times and which links you choose to use and read. We use this information to increase the content’s level of interest and help us improve what we send. You can remove your information from this monitoring by disabling cookies on your website browser before opening emails from us. From time to time, we contact individual email newsletter subscribers, but it is rare.
We use anonymised data about you from time to time to target advertising campaigns based on profiling the sort of person who wants to receive information from us.
We ask our own team to contact Prospects from time to time. This is normally because you have requested a call, or because we are actively trying to let you know about something you may benefit from.
We are not a hard sell or cold calling based organisation but prefer to build long term relationships with satisfied and relaxed clients.
// SOCIAL MEDIA
If you like any of our posts or follow us or contact us on social media we keep a record of that. Your replies to us, messages you send us and other activity linked to our posts may be seen by members of or team and or our associates if we have any. Our contracts with them hold them to high standards of protecting your information.
// NO SALE OR EXCHANGE OF YOUR DATA
We do not sell or exchange your personal data with organisations who may want to sell you something or use your data for research or other purposes.
We have implemented security measures to ensure the confidentiality of your data via physical and logical access controls, backups and logs. This is to avoid them being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Limited access is given to contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
The Pocket Watch Assistant should ensure logging out securely at the end of any remote access session and or of any other tasks.
Work undertaken by the Pocket Watch Assistant is securely saved and stored via Microsoft 365 and or otherwise agreed. We do not have any tailor-made software and we use mainstream packages for everything from our Client records, to email, to accounting.
// WE MAY SHARE SOME OF YOUR DATA WITH THESE PEOPLE
If we decide to have an outsourced support team for our own business, which may include Virtual Assistants, Web Designers, IT support, Sales and Marketing, Accounting and more. They have limited access to your data, where the service they provide to us means they need it.
For example, if our IT support wants to check the functionality of a laptop or back up, they may require temporary access to information that may include something about you.
For example, if we invoice you, our Accountant needs to process the information in your invoice or for year-end accounts purposes.
Should Pocket Watch Assistant grow our team. The then team may use our software to access any data they need. We do not permit copying or sharing by the team and will actively monitor for any potential breaches.
Your information/advice is held in the strictest confidence, therefore anyone associated with Pocket Watch Assistant Clients are all contracted to strict confidentiality clauses.
Export and downloading of data is restricted and held to a limited number of individuals who are authorised to back up data.
// YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to know what information we are collecting on you, and to amend it if it is inaccurate.
If you feel for some reason, we have information we should not be keeping, or it is out of date or otherwise wrong, please let us know and we will take appropriate action.
Most of the information we hold is not based on your individual consent but is based on our needing the information to run our business and provide our products and services.
You have a "right to be forgotten" - but that does have some legal limits to it. If you want us to remove information about you, let us know. If you have been a Client, we may not be able to remove all data as we will have to ensure that we can continue to comply with legal, accounting, taxation and our insurer’s requirements.
// OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
Signing up to our newsletter list is by your consent – and when you withdraw your consent, we will stop that processing of your data if you decide to unsubscribe.
Apart from that, the information we hold is based on our needing the information to run our business and provide our products and services – either so we can perform our contract with you, or because we have a legitimate business interest in processing your data.
In a few situations, we are processing personal data because we are under a legal obligation to do so. This principally relates to our business, accounting and tax records
A cookie is stored within your web browser and allows recognition of the site the next time you visit. If you require the deletion of cookies within your web browser, please take a look at the help pages on your own web browser.
Note: If you decide to "Decline Cookies" on entry to this site you may experience issues accessing areas of the site.
Should you have any questions regarding Data, Privacy and or Cookies, please contact the Pocket Watch Assistant at email@example.com
Revised by Pocket Watch Assistant March 2021